Parenting in Recovery
Addicts that are active in their disease often create wreckage in the lives of others, especially those of their loved ones. Although usually unintentional, the addicts’ children are often deeply affected. Children may suffer their own symptoms as a result of their parents’ addiction. This support group will focus on:
- Developing and maintaining appropriate boundaries with partners and children.
- Gaining coping skills to manage stress and practice self-care
- Identifying triggers related to parenting and addressing relapse prevention.
- Learning new skills for conscious parenting
- Exploration of family rules and roles
- Bonding with other parents in recovery, providing empathic support and feedback
Contact Triune Therapy Group today.